The successful candidates must have:
- Recognised Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Approx. 3-5 Years Relevant Experience in an Engineering design office
- Detailed knowledge & experience of safety principles in design
- Detailed knowledge and experience of working with High Voltage technology
- Experience in conceptual design and analysis, detailed electrical wiring design and physical layouts
- Experience in High Voltage protection technology
- Excellent Communication and Report Writing Skills
- Demonstrate the ability to make quality decisions and judgments.
- Show a high level of commitment and flexibility.
- Full driving licence and access to a car advantageous.
Specific design experience of HV substations with a manufacturer or electricity utility company will be an advantage
Key Responsibilities of the Role
The successful candidate will be required to work in an Electrical Engineer’s role as part of a multi-disciplinary engineering project team based in the office of our customer (Ireland) as part of a design team or on Project construction sites (Ireland, Europe, Middle East etc.).
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Designing new transmission and distribution substations and upgrades/modifications to existing stations
- Production of electrical control and protection schematics, using advanced design applications such as EPlan
- Production of physical substation layouts with strong understanding of electrical clearances, design considerations and construction methods
- Preparing new standard designs
- Acting in the statutory role of Project Supervisor Design Phase/Principal Designer/CDMC
- Ensuring full co-ordination of all aspects of the project – civil, electrical, lines, cables, control system, telecoms etc. to target timelines and to highest quality standards
- Reviewing supplier designs and drawings.
- Supporting project teams in relation to substation component material and design issues.
- Fully embracing THE COMPANY Safety Culture and ensuring the employer’s obligations under health and safety legislation are being adhered to.
- Coordination with other disciplines such as Civil and Mechanical Engineers, Architects and Quantity Surveyors as required, working in a proactive way to deliver high quality projects to Client satisfaction.
- Project Management including programme management and commercial/contract management